Many people have already tasted Popeye’s fried chicken which is absolutely great in taste. But few of them know about their buttermilk biscuit. This flaky buttermilk biscuit also tasted great and many people loved it after trying this out. In fact, the demand for the actual Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe is rising with each passing day.
It doesn’t get possible to order it every time. And one who tastes it once; wants to have it again and again. It will be more exciting if you baked it at your home. So here we have shared the copycat recipe of Popeye’s biscuit. Bake it at your sweet home and enjoy all the flavors of it.
What Are Popeye’s Biscuits:
Popeye is a fast food restaurant which is most popular because of its fried chicken. They also have buttermilk biscuits on their menu. This biscuit is flaky in shape and would be a perfect partner for your breakfast. The main ingredients of this biscuit are flour and butter and this one is made by baking.
How To Make Popeyes Biscuit:
Maybe you are looking for the original Popeye’s biscuit recipe everywhere which comes out perfect. But now you don’t need to go anywhere else. Here we are going to share the copycat recipe of Popeye’s buttermilk biscuit.
Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe (Copycat)
- Biscuit Cutter
- Pastry Knife
- Potato Masher
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tbsp Salt
- 1½ tbsp Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp Baking Soda
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup Buttermilk
- 1 cube Butter
- First free heat the oven at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Now it’s time to make the mixing batter. Take a large bowl and add 2 cups of flour into the bowl and also add 1 and a half teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon powdered sugar, one and a half teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4th baking soda. Mix all the ingredients well with a whisker.
- Now add ½ cup of unsalted cold butter. As the butter is cold, you need to put some extra pressure and mix it well. For this take a potato masher and mashed the butter well so that it can mix with the dry ingredients properly. Now mix all ingredients with the masher.
- Once the dry ingredients are well mixed, add 1/4th cup of buttermilk. Make sure the buttermilk is in cold condition.
- Now mix the dry and wet ingredients properly. You have to make the dough, so if it gets extra sticky then sparkle some flour over it. In this way, the perfect dough for the perfect Popeyes biscuit will be ready.
- Now it’s time to roll the dough over a roller and after rolling fold it three to four times and again roll it over with ½ inch width. The more folds are, the flakier it will be and accordingly, its height will also increase.
- Now cut the rolled dough with a biscuit cutter. Give a minimum space between each cutting.
- Now on the baking tray, spread a baking sheet and brush it lightly with butter. Take the round-shaped, cut pieces on the baking sheet. After preparing the baking tray, insert it into the microwave oven and bake it for 20 to 22 minutes.
- When the microwave beeps, your Popeye’s biscuits are ready to take out. The golden brown color of the top of the biscuits will tell you it is perfectly done.
- Now take this out and cut it with a pastry knife. After cooling it down, brush the top of the biscuits with melted butter. And your delicious buttermilk biscuits are ready to serve.
Nutritional Stats for Popeyes Buttermilk Biscuit:
First talk about the distribution of different kinds of Vitamins in a 100g of biscuit.
|Pantothenic acid||0.455 mg|
|vitamin A||212 IU|
|Vitamin A, RAE||64.00 mcg|
|Vitamin B6||0.047 mg|
|Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol)||1.02 mg|
|Tocopherol beta||0.07 mg|
|Tocopherol gamma||3.07 mg|
|Tocopherol delta||1.02 mg|
|Tocotrienol alpha||0.25 mg|
|Tocotrienol delta||0.06 mg|
|Tocotrienol gamma||0.56 mg|
Check out the below chart to know about the amount of carbohydrates.
|Calcium, Ca||108.00 mg|
|Copper, Cu||0.066 mg|
|Iron, Fe||2.51 mg|
|Magnesium, Mg||13.00 mg|
|Manganese Mn||0.300 mg|
|Phosphorus, P||309.00 mg|
|Potassium, K||173.00 mg|
|Selenium, Se||4.1 mcg|
|Sodium, Na||745.00 mg|
Now the amount of protein is 6.00 g and the total fat amount is 24 g.
Some Additional Tips On Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe :
Here we give some additional tips so that you get succeeded at one go and make a perfect buttermilk biscuit while using our version of Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe.
- Always use cold butter. This is the secret of giving multiple layers and flakiness into the biscuits.
- To mix the butter with dry ingredients, you can also use a grater.
- Place them on the sheet as close as possible. The purpose of doing this is they will not rise by side but only by height and make tall flaky biscuits.
- Baking soda and baking powder are important in making it more fluffy and large-sized. So mix these ingredients accurately and well.
- Always try to use fresh baking powder and baking soda.
- The reason for using cold butter is when you put the biscuit-shaped dough into the oven, the moisture inside the cold butter will evaporate and help the biscuit to rise in size and shape.
- Don’t mix the butter with the other ingredients finely. A little chunk of butter will help to taste it better.
- The bowl must be large enough, in which you can easily mix all ingredients well without spilling.
- You can use milk instead of buttermilk but the taste may vary. When you are making a delicious recipe, don’t need to compromise with taste. So you can make buttermilk in your home or else you can buy it from any grocery store.
Conclusion on Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe:
The recipe that we have shared is exactly the same with the recipe that Popeyes used to bake their biscuits. When you are craving for this biscuit, you don’t need to rush to the store.
Popeye’s Biscuit Recipe (copycat)is very simple and mess-free and one can easily make it and enjoy it anytime and anywhere. The best part is you can store it within an airlock container for 6 to 7 days in the refrigerator.