Today I will be sharing Chicken Florentine Recipe with all of you. If you are like me who loves chicken you will find this recipe super useful for sure.
You can make almost anything out of chicken be it simple dishes like stew or fried chicken, or Michelin style dishes, chicken serves for all. Florentine is such a dish that has a creamy and flavored Florentine sauce along with pan-fried chicken breasts, garnished with a dash of parsley.
About Florentine and Florentine Sauce
Florentine-style dishes are referred to quite a lot in culinary arts. The word Florentine (pronounced as flor-en-teen) is a style of a dish that was prepared in a part of Italy, known as Florence. This dish was initially called ὰ la Florentine, later it was loved and adopted by the whole world, and several variations were made.
Chicken Florentine includes this famous Florentine sauce and seared chicken. The most common or rather essential ingredient in Chicken Florentine is spinach.
A thick creamy sauce is made along with spinach, which is known as the Florentine sauce. The richness of the sauce comes from the use of dry white wine and parmesan cheese.
Apart from chicken, you can make almost anything using this Florentine sauce like Salmon Florentine, Eggs Florentine, Florentine pizza, and much more.
The Only Chicken Florentine Recipe That You Need to Refer
When I started Awesome Food, my mission was to write recipes in such a way that anyone can follow along. I can guarantee that even if you cook occasionally you will be able to follow this Chicken Florentine Recipe and make good use of it.
Chicken Florentine Recipe
- A large frying pan
- A spatula for stirring
- Knife for chopping veggies
- A bowl
- Foil paper
- A serving plate
- 4 pc Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 tbsp Freshly Grounded pepper
- 0.5 tbsp Salt As per Taste
- 4 ounces Fresh Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cup dry White Wine
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 1 chopped shallot
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley for garnishing
- 10 ounces Mushroom for additional taste
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil as per your choice, on it and in the meantime season chicken breast with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add the chicken breast into the pan and cook it for 4 to 5 minutes until it becomes nicely cooked and golden brown. Follow this step for both sides
- Now carefully transfer the chicken breasts into a bowl and wrap it with foil paper to keep it warm.
- Place the same pan (do not clean the pan)on the heat and melt 2 tablespoon of butter. Now add the chopped onion and garlic and saute it for 1 minute until the onions become translucent. Stir it often to get a nice color of onions.
- Now remove the pan from the hat and add white wine.
- Return the pan to the heat and boil it for 3 minutes until it is reduced to half.
- Add cream and stir it often for 3 minutes until the quantity is reduced by half.
- Now sprinkle a good amount of chopped parsley on it. Add parmesan cheese over it and stir it gently.
- Season it with salt and pepper. Be careful while adding these as you have already added salt and pepper to the chicken.
- Add the spinach into the pan and simmer it until wilted. Now add the chopped mushroom into the sauce and stir it.
- Place the golden sauteed chicken into sauce and coat the chicken properly with the sauce. If you want then you can also place the chicken on a serving plate and pour the sauce over it.
- Now your Florentine Chicken is ready to serve. If you want then you can garnish it with more parmesan and a little bit of parsley.
Nutritional Facts of Chicken Florentine:
The below nutritional facts are given for per serving (100 gm).
|Total Fat||3.6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.7 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.9 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12.9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0.9 g|
Common Mistakes to Avoid in Chicken Florentine Recipe
Over-cooking of the spinach- Since spinach cooks very fast, you need to be careful of overcooking it. Keep the flame low until it is wilted and take out immediately.
Parmesan must be fresh- To have that best of the flavor of Florentine sauce the Parmesan used must be freshly grated so that the cheese melts properly and the perfect flavor is retained.
Overcooking of the chicken- You must also be careful while cooking the chicken. An over-cooked chicken might give the Florentine sauce a bitter taste and kill the essence of it. Thus, when you put the chicken on the pan, make sure one side is cooked properly and then flip the chicken and cook the other side. Avoid making too many flips to cook the chicken.
I hope that the above-mentioned recipes are useful for you. Next time when you are willing to have something different, and you are tired of the same old dishes, try this super easy and tasty Chicken Florentine recipe. I can assure you that you would not be disappointed.