Today we will learn about Chicken Calabrese Recipe. So if you’re a fan of this item just like me, then feel free to read the entire article.
Chicken is a favorite food item among almost all. If you are getting bored by having those traditional chicken dishes repeatedly, then Chicken Calabrese will be a good choice to skip your monotony of food.
Here we are going to share this delicate chicken recipe with our readers that will bring a magical flavor to your dinner.
Calabrian-style cooking is usually a healthy one as the ingredients used here are fresh and full of nutrients. This recipe is easy to prepare and recommend for the newbie. Without further delay, let’s explore the Chicken Calabrese recipe.
What is Chicken Calabrese:
This item of chicken, Chicken Calabrese, has been taken from Calabria, a region in southern Italy. It is made with fresh chicken, lots of veggies, and mozzarella cheese. If you are looking for a perfect one-pot chicken recipe, then Chicken Calabrese will fit this requirement.
You will have the flavor of chicken as well as veggies in a single dish. The chicken will be tender and juicy enough and coated with nice melted, creamy cheese.
The Ultimate Chicken Calabrese Recipe That You Need to Follow
It’s a given fact that cooking is an art, and the main motto of the Awesome Food team is to help you master this art with ease. We can bet that our Chicken Calabrese Recipe is the easiest, and you can easily refer to it, if you give this item a try at your kitchen.
Chicken Calabrese Recipe
- A large non-stick frying pan (microwave safe)
- Spatula for stirring
- 2 plates- one for serving and another one will be used while cooking
- Knife for chopping
- Potato Masher
- A large saucepan
- 2 pieces Chicken Breast
- 1 handful Fresh Basil
- 4 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Freshly ground black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 250 gm Cherry Tomato
- 6 pieces Peppers
- 1 piece Lemon
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 0.75 Cup White wine
- 1 oz Parmesan Cheese
- 1 piece Chilli
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 1.5 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 250 gm Potatoes
- Preheat the oven at 1800C/350F
- Now take the chicken on a plate and sparkle salt and freshly ground black pepper on it. Coat the chicken well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into half and also chopped the peppers into small cubes. Finely chop 2 to 3 garlic cloves and chili too.
- Take 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick large frying pan and heat the oil at medium flame. Now add the chicken pieces to it and fry these until they become golden brown from both sides and take this aside.
- Now add some more oil to the frying pan and add the chopped cherry tomatoes, peppers, garlic, and chili. Stir it well on medium heat until it becomes translucent. For taste, season it with salt and black pepper.
- Now add some lemon zest and little lemon juice into the veggies and place the golden brown chicken over this.
- Some parmesan cheese is grated over it and adds a handful of freshly chopped basil leaves. Now add 2 pieces of sliced mozzarella cheese on both of these chicken breasts.
- Place this pan in a micro oven and bake it for 15-20 min
- Now cut potatoes into a cubic shape and boil them into a large saucepan with a small amount of salt. Cook the potatoes for 15 min until they become tender.
- Drain all water out of the pan and dry the potatoes out of the pan. Now with a masher, mash the potatoes well. Gradually add olive oil. Season these mashed potatoes with salt and black pepper.
- To serve this preparation, make a bed of mashed potatoes on a serving plate and put the baked, juicy, and cheesy chicken over it. For garnishing, sprinkle some chopped parsley over it.
The Nutritional Facts of Chicken Calabrese:
As a lot of veggies and fresh leaves are part of this lip-smacking dish, the nutritional value will be higher. So let’s check out the nutritional facts of Chicken Calabrese per serving.
The below nutritional facts are given for per serving (100 gm).
|Saturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||21 g|
Some additional tips on Chicken Calabrese Recipe:
This chicken calabrese recipe is pretty simple to cook and delightful as a dinner. Some extra tips are given in this section to make it more delicious.
While coating the raw chicken breast with salt and pepper, must concentrate on both sides of the chicken.
You have to golden-fried the chicken from both sides.
While removing the pan from the microwave, you need to wear heat-protective gloves for your safety.
You can add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar for extra taste.
To make it more flavourful, add freshly cut basil leaves.
Don’t wash the pan after frying the chicken breast. Using the same pan will increase the flavor of the recipe more.
Italian dishes are flavourful due to the usage of raw herbs and lots of cheese. These are also easy to prepare. Chicken Calabrese is that kind of dish. One can easily fall in love with the juicy and cheesy chicken breast with tangy tomatoes and veggies.
We have guided you in making this palatable recipe by giving every single detail. I hope you find this article helpful enough and surely explore this delightful Italian chicken recipe.