As apartments are getting smaller, space constraints are something all of us are dealing with. To top it all, clutter on tabletops adds to the problem.
This especially applies to the kitchen, where optimum utilization of space is essential. You need smart storage facilities and innovative cookware to declutter your cozy kitchen.
One way of going about it is buying stackable cookware. We have handpicked the top products on the market for you after careful consideration. Additionally, we have attached a well-researched buying guide to this article to help your buying decision.
So let’s get started!
Best Stackable Pots and Pans : Top Recommendations
1. Calphalon Premier Space-Saving Pots and Pans Set:
Kitchens only have so much space; thus, you need a space-saving set of posts of pans. Thankfully, Calphalon Space Saving Set meets that demand. The collection is particularly great for small kitchens.
You get all your high-quality pans stacked in one place without using all the storage places in the kitchen. For any chef, that’s comforting. Most six-piece kitchen sets offer standard features, but you have all your kitchen needs sorted with this particular set.
Each of the pans is made of heavy gauge anodized aluminum along with a three-layer coating of Calphalon’s patented nonstick technology. That means, unlike other nonstick pans, you can use metal utensils on them without the fear of chipping.
- Included with the set: 8-inch fry pan, 10-inch fry pan, 12-inch fry pan, 2.5-quart sauce pan with cover, 3.5-quart sauce pan with cover, 4.5-quart soup pan with cover, 3-quart saute pan with cover, 5-quart Sauteuse with cover, 8-quart stockpot with cover
- Stacks smaller and nests in any order, saving up to 30% more space
- Built to last, with a 40% longer-lasting nonstick (vs. Calphalon Classic)
You need not use a lot of fat and oil to cook your food anymore. A tiny drop of butter or a sprinkle of oil should do the trick. Additionally, heat conducts very well around these pots, leading to no hot spots to destroy your meal.
The pans are attached to long and attractive stainless steel handles that feature a stay-cool technology.
Finally, you can stack these pans in any order you want. Overall, Calphalon Premier Space Saving Pots and Pans Set is a worthwhile investment.
- The set features a lifetime warranty
- It is dishwasher safe
- Strong and durable product
- Features excellent nonstick properties
- Metal utensils can be used on it
- It can withstand any temperature up to 450°f
- It cant function on an induction cooktop
- Lids don’t have vents
2. Gotham Steel Stackable Pots and Pans Stackmaster 10 Piece Cookware Set:
Gotham is one of the most popular names you will come across while researching stackable pots and pans. The secret to their popularity is the use of nonstick ceramic and titanium technology.
This particular pot and pan set is revolutionary, featuring a unique design that allows you to easily arrange your cabinets and kitchen. Overall you can free up 30% space with these pots and pans.
Thanks to its patented coating, it delivers the ultimate food release. In other words, you don’t need butter or oil to make tasty and healthy food. Unlike other pans, the coating of Gotham’s Stackmaster won’t give away just like that. So you can use your spoon, spatulas, whisks on it easily. The aluminum exterior of the pans is super resistant to heat and water corrosion.
- SPACE SAVING – This pots and pans set revolutionary new design allows you to easily organize your cabinets & kitchen by stacking and nest the entire cookware set together, saving you 30% more space & freeing up precious cabinet space.
- ULTRA NON-STICK – The nonstick cooking surface is coated 3x, reinforced with ceramic and titanium to deliver the ultimate food release. No oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.
- COMPLETE COOKWARE SET – this set includes everything you need to get cooking, right out of the box, including, 8” Fry Pan, 10” Skillet, 2. 75qt Sauce Pan, 3. 5qt Sauce Pan, 5qt Stock Pot, 3 interchangeable lids, a slotted spatula and solid spoon.
Another greatest advantage of buying this set is that you can use it to prepare recipes that otherwise require an oven. You can cook anything you want on it as long as the temperature does not exceed 550. Lastly, the stay-cool handles of the unit complete the overall look and feel of this stackable unit.
- Excellent nonstick pans
- Performs as advertised
- Easy to clean with soap and water
- Well made and a sturdy set of pans and pots
- Fits storage units easily
- They cannot be washed in a dishwasher
- Handles are flat, making it difficult to handle
3. Farberware Neat Nest Space-Saving Nonstick Cookware Pots and Pans Set:
Are you planning to upgrade your kitchen? Farberware Neat Nest Space-Saving unit is perfect for that purpose. As the name suggests, all the pans nests within each other to maximize the storage space in your kitchen.
The set features all that you need to try out different preparations. Don’t worry about scratching and denting, Neat Nest’s technology stacks the pans together to reduce storage crunch and protect the utensils from chipping.
- 2-Quart Covered Saucepan, 4-Quart Covered Saucepan,3.5-Quart Saucepot, 6-Quart Stockpot, 10.5-Inch Skillet, 12-Inch Skillet
- Neat Nest technology stacks like items together for maximized storage with minimized scratching and denting for long-lasting, space-saving cookware
- High-performance aluminum construction heats quickly and evenly to eliminate hot spots that can burn foods
Each of the pans features a high-performance aluminum coating that conducts heat evenly, eliminating heat spots within the food. Thanks to its premium quality nonstick interior, the food release is good, and cleanup is also effortless.
The lids included with state-of-the-art pots are shatter-resistant. They seal heat and moisture and provide the perfect base for resting saucepans and pots. You can also put the pots in the oven as they can withstand heat up to 350 degrees F.
- Easy to clean set
- Well made and sturdy construction
- The product offers a good value for money
- It saves a lot of storing space
- The unit is not scratch resistant
- Skillet does not sit flat after a few uses
4. GreenPan Levels Stackable Hard Anodized Ceramic Nonstick, Cookware Pots, and Pans Set
The brand has been a household name for ten years manufacturing health-friendly, stylish, and superior quality pots and pans.
GreenPan Levels Stackable set stands strong in tight spaces. You need not find a separate area for them in the cupboard, which works great for a small kitchen. Besides, the set is oven safe up to 450ºF and the lids 350ºF. Thus you can use these pans to cover and cook inside an oven as well.
- Cookware Set Includes: 1. 6QT and 3. 2QT saucepans with glass straining lids, 6QT stockpot with glass straining lid, 10" frypan, 11" forged round grill pan, 12. 5" frypan with helper handle and lid, foldable stainless steel steamer, and 3 pan protectors
- Infused with diamonds, GreenPan’s Thermolon Diamond Advanced healthy ceramic nonstick coating is free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium, so it will never release toxic fumes, even if it’s accidentally overheated
- Metal utensil safe, our most advanced ceramic nonstick coating is diamond-infused for extreme durability, fast heating, and effortless cleanup
This product is ideal for fitness freaks. GreenPan Levels Stackable does not contain PFAS and PFOA. That means food cooked in it is super healthy and perfect for serving your sickly family member (if any).
While cooking in pans, food often sticks to the side, which is difficult to get out. But that will not be a problem with this set as it comes with a reinforced diamond coating. Plus, the post-cooking cleaning is also not difficult.
- Durable and well-made coating
- The lids can function as strainers
- Super easy to clean
- Ideal for cooking in medium and low flame
- Includes oven-safe rubber handles
- The pans are heavy
- A tad bit expensive
5. Calphalon Premier Space-Saving Stainless Steel 15 Piece Set
This set by Calphalon is relatively compact and fits any kitchen corner with ease. The set includes 15 pots and pans that feature a hard-anodized design and flat glass cover, which provides the perfect nest support.
The set is exceptionally durable and can help you save 30% space. Thanks to its hard-anodized coating, there will be no hot spots in your food. Additionally, it has a three-layer nonstick interior that protects it against any chipping and scrapping from metal spatulas, whisks, and spoons.
- Stacks smaller, saves 30% more space
- Stacks and nests in any order. Stainless Steel handles stay cool while cooking
- 3 layers of metal quickly and evenly distribute heat
Unlike other pan and pot sets mentioned in this article, you can use these on any cooktop. Be it gas, electric, halogen, or glass. It so functions well on a wide range of ovens.
Thanks to its stainless-steel handle, you can hold these comfortably while cooking. Since they remain cool while cooking on a stovetop, the chances of an accident reduce significantly.
- Extremely easy to clean
- Ideal for crunching space
- Highly durable
- Works great on all types of ovens
- Balances heat extremely well
- Not a fit for a small household
- Some users find them heavy
Buyer’s guide for Best Stackable Pots and Pans:
It’s essential to keep your countertop as clutter-free as much possible to allow ease of movement. This applies to both small and large kitchen owners. Thus, stackable cookware has become so popular.
However, like buying all other kitchen equipment, you need to consider a few points before diving into the buying decision. To that end, we have shortlisted a few consideration points.
Before anything, consider the number of pots and pans you want. Do you already have a few, or are your settings up your kitchen from scratch?
Thankfully stackable pots offer multiple size options. From a set of three to fifteen, you have numerous choices. So look into the pots and pans that come with each set before you take your call.
You have a few choices in this case, and your choice will greatly impact your cooking experience. Most commonly, all pots and pans are made of aluminum for their durability and strength. Plus, this material is also lightweight, so using and moving them around is not challenging.
Another popular option is cast iron and is widely favored by professional chefs and experienced home cooks. Cast iron pots and pans heat up quickly and offer an even heat distribution. However, this material does have maintenance needs and must be seasoned from time to time.
Honestly, it’s impossible to find any cookware these days that don’t offer this feature, but each will perform slightly differently.
Aluminum pans have a reinforced nonstick coating that ensures a premium quality cooking surface to which no ingredient sticks. Besides, you can use multiple utensils on this cookware without damaging the surface.
On the flip side, cast iron is not naturally nonstick; however, it is seasoned to that end. But the seasoning needs to be reapplied from time to time. But fortunately, the coating will be natural without the use of any chemicals.
Note: Make sure your stackable cookware set is PFOA-free.
While buying a stackable cookware set, make sure it stacks well. Thankfully, most such cookware stacks one on top of the other the way most of us would imagine. However, NeatNest is an innovative technology that is currently available in many stackable cookware these days.
The design is very clever as it arranges the pans’ handles in different intervals as per the various sizes. The handles end up forming a straight line when stacked. Though it may not seem like a big deal, it does save up to 30% of space.
If you use the oven frequently, make sure to buy cookware that is oven safe. You don’t want to change pots during cooking, so this feature helps. Oven-safe pots and pans can be used for baking as well. So you don’t need separate baking pots and trays, thereby saving extra storage space in your kitchen.
Cleaning is the most challenging part of cooking. However, with the right stackable cookware, you can cut down your cleaning time to half.
As a rule of thumb, any stackable pot with a nonstick coating will be easy to clean as it does not allow food particles to stick to it. That means you can use some hot water and soap to rinse the pan rather than scrub it for a long time. However, if you want to cut down your cleaning time further, opt for a set that is dishwasher safe.
It’s important to note that stackable cookware is not a cheap investment. Since you will be paying a handsome price for it, you might as well look for additional features.
For instance, you can opt for a set that features a thermo-spot ring. Such pots have a red circle marked in the center. When the pots and pans reach their optimal temperature, this red ring turns into solid red. So you need to get into any guesswork about the cooking temperature.
Another helpful feature is the stay-cool handles. If your cookware has this feature, you can move them quickly around the job without burning your hands. Some sets accompany a heat-protective sleeve.
FAQ on Best Stackable Pots and Pans:
How to protect pans while stacking?
If you don’t protect your pots and pans while stacking, they are sure to get scratched and get scuff marks in no time.
Thankfully, you can use the following options to stack your cookware safely.
Pot racks: If you have a big kitchen hang the pots and pans from the pot rack. These storage units come in multiple shapes and sizes.
Wall-mounted pegs: Pegboards are pieces of wood or metal that have multiple holes and slots. Special hooks can be inserted in these holes then the cookware can be hung from them.
Pan protectors: You can use a protective layer between two pans to prevent them from scratching or chipping.
How to maintain pots and pans?
To ensure the durability of your pots and pans, consider the following tips:
Don’t use kitchen metal tools on your cookware as they might scratch it. Instead, use wooden or silicone tools.
Handle coated cookware with care; they might chip otherwise.
Avoid cooking acidic ingredients, like tomatoes in your cast iron cookware. The acid breaks through the metal.
Don’t stack coated pans and pots on top of each other. Use a pan protector during storage.
How to clean carbon buildup from an aluminum pan?
There are a few ways to go about it.
Cleaning with the cream of tartar:
Clean the pan with soap and water to get rid of the soap bits.
Fill the pan with water up till the carbon marks.
Add one tablespoon of cream of tartar, lemon juice, and vinegar.
After simmering for 15 minutes, turn the heat off and leave the pan to cool. Scrub well with a brush.
Leave the ketchup smeared on the pan overnight and wash it clean in the morning.
Mix baking soda with vinegar to rise off carbon buildup from pans. Cover the pan’s bottom with baking soda. Slowly pour vinegar on its top until you see bubbles forming. Let the pan rest till the bubbles cease, then scrub it off.
Choosing the ideal stackable cookware will save you space and determine the ease and quality of cooking. So pick out a set that meets your requirements and fits your comfort level.
Let cooking be fun and cleaning be effortless.